A community based public K-12 Freedom School
For its elementary school scholar activists (grades K-8) Sankofa Freedom Academy offers:
- A loving, safe learning environment where children are celebrated and respected.
- Instruction that uses the history and culture of the students to
inspire pride, promote scholarship, and foster a sense of purpose
- Small group inter-generational instruction, where children, youth, adults, and elders learn and teach together.
- Intense focus on literacy and numeracy that will provide a
strong foundation in the basics and inspire a love for reading and a
respect for learning
- Community based research and learning that get students out of the class to solve problems in the real world
- African Centered Cultural Arts Program – Dance, drumming, Martial Arts, Visual Arts,
- Teachers and staff who believe in children, are accessible to parents, and never give up!
- The Freedom School Way:
- DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) Time
- Social Action
- Conflict Resolution
- Extended day, Saturday and Summer programming
For its high school servant leader scholars (grades 9-12) Sankofa Freedom Academy offers:
- Academically rigorous and intellectual stimulating education
- Opportunities for internships, servant leadership and social action
- College preparatory curriculum which will include advanced placement classes
- Travel opportunities - national and international
- Opportunities to participate or serve in summer
- Freedom School
Participation in athletics and extracurricular activities
- Afrikan Centered Socialization including
- Rites of Passage
Training in field of education through literacy and numeracy corps
Are your really ready for your freedom?
Come join the movement at Sankofa Freedom Academy!