"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
by Nelson Mandela
Welcome to English I & II. These courses are designed to help prepare our scholars to be competitive in both college and workplace environments. There are several areas of instruction that these courses focus on:
- Writing an expository, argumentative, and narrative essay
- Reading fiction and non-fiction reading selections
- Reading independently on a daily basis
- Evaluating and synthesizing information in a formal research project.
- Formatting all formal writing pieces professionally and appropriately
- Participating in on-going academic discussions